1. You have no idea of what you want to do next and give it no thought.
2. You don’t read the job descriptions for the jobs in which you send your resume (along with the 150 others applying.)
3. Don’t have a resume that speaks to the job (if you did read the job description!)
4. You don’t know how to answer a phone screen or 30 min phone interview questions (because you didn't read the job description OR are not qualified to begin with OR it's in Des Moines and you live in Syracuse.)
5. Your resume looks unprofessional, has “hippos, spelling errors, and uses; puntionation: incorrectly”. (I make sure this doesn't happen!)
A Professionally Resume Writer is a great option and will be able write a resume which will use Key Words to trip Applicant Tracking Systems and which will speak to the job you want, edits the extraneous information, and present you, the candidate in the best light. Professional advice and coaching is usually available and can help greatly. www.stand-out-resume.com is one which targets IT professionals and mid to senior level as well.